RULES, REGULATIONS & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
- ‘Banking Chanakya’ is a Quiz contest open to all staff members currently employed in any bank, located anywhere in India. IIBF has associated with Greycells, India’s foremost Knowledge services and Events Company for the event.
- ‘Banking Chanakya’ is a ‘Team Game’ and not open for individual participation. Each team should comprise of TWO Members, both of whom should be from the same Bank not necessarily from the same city and same branch but from the same zone. Participating teams can enter the contest directly with approval of their controlling authority so that the banks are aware as to how many participants from the zone are registering and in the event of the participating team qualifying for the next round, arrange to depute them officially to represent the bank to attend the next round, i.e. the Zonal or National Final as the case may be. Care should be taken that persons do not register themselves in more than one team.
This contest is divided into three parts.
- The first preliminary round is a zone wise on-line contest. The Teams can participate in the preliminary round from the comfort of their office/home.
- The second part is the on-ground event consisting of Zonal level events. Four on-ground events in four different Zones (North, South, East and West) will be conducted with the top SIX Teams from various banks chosen from each Zone, on the basis of their score in the on-line contest. The participants from the top six teams will have to travel to the place where the Zonal Semi-Finals will be held. IIBF shall reimburse the to and fro II AC or the actual amount incurred from the boarding point to the said destination, whichever is less, on submission of proof of travel by the participant. The lodging, boarding and local transportation expenses, however, may be borne by the bank concerned.
- The third part is the National Finale with the winning teams from each Zone which will also be telecast on a National TV Channel. Here also, the winning teams from each zone will have to travel to Mumbai for participating in the national finale. IIBF shall reimburse the to and fro II AC or the actual amount incurred from the boarding point to the said destination, whichever is less, on submission of proof of travel by the participant. The lodging, boarding and local transportation expenses, however, may be borne by the bank concerned.
The Two Formats in Details:
The Registration window will be open from 8th October 2017 to 7th November 2017 (tentatively). Any change in the dates shall be communicated separately.
Teams will have to visit the website www.bankingchanakya.com for all necessary updates and dates for the On-line prelims. The website will be active by the END OF SEPTEMBER 2017.
Once the teams visit the website, they will have to select the link of their respective zone. Upon doing so, they will be prompted for their e-mail id and verification of the same. Once the verification is done, the teams will be given a password and will be able to play the game on the date(s) announced.
(B) On-Line Preliminary Round:
- The entire contest is divided into Four Zones. There shall be FOUR DIFFERENT ON-LINE Contests conducted on FOUR DIFFERENT DAYS.
- The participating team which belongs to the specified zone shall participate only on the date of their On-line Zonal contest. For example, any team participating from Agra or Lucknow will be allowed to participate ONLY in the Zone 1(North Zone) round and any team from Hyderabad or Chennai will be allowed to participate only in the Zone 3(South Zone) round. The complete list of states along with their respective zones is enclosed as Annexure ‘B’.
- Each of the Four On-line contests will be Open for a time window of FIVE Hours Only (Between 12:00 PM – 5 PM). Teams may log-in at any time of their choice. Once logged-in, the teams will have a maximum of 20 minutes to submit their responses.
- Questions will be of MCQ pattern and teams will have to select the right answer from the FOUR OPTIONS.
- ‘Banking Chanakya’ is a GENERAL QUIZ with a focus on Banking, Finance and other business-related topics. However, Questions would be non-technical in nature and will also cover assorted topics like current affairs (Indian as well as International) sports, politics etc.
- Since the number of participants is expected to be high, the faster the submission of answers, the better would be the chance of a team qualifying. In case there is a tie on the same score, the submission time will be taken into account in the evaluation process.
(C) On-Ground Zonal Semi-Final:
The TOP SIX TEAMS from each zone will qualify for their respective Zonal Semi-Finals. The result shall be displayed on the website ‘Banking Chanakya’ (www.bankingchanakya.com) and IIBF (www.iibf.org.in) and shall also be communicated to the banks as well as to the teams.
- Each such Semi-Final will be an on-ground event. This will be conducted by a Quiz master of repute and shall be of about 1.30 -2 hours in duration.
- The TOP 2 teams at the Zonal Level shall be awarded Cash Prizes as under;
a) First Prize Rs. 25,000
b) Second Prize Rs. 15,000
- The FIRST PRIZEWINNING TEAM from each zone will qualify for the National Finale.
(D) National Finale:
- National Finale will be a grand affair and shall be telecast on National Television. This event is likely to be attended by distinguished and senior banking and finance professionals. This will be conducted by a Quiz master of repute and shall be of about 1.30 -2 hours in duration.
The TOP 2 teams at the National Level shall be awarded Cash Prizes as under;
a) First Prize Rs. 1,00,000
b) Second Prize Rs. 75,000
(E) Timeline of Contest:
A. End of September – Launch of website- www.bankingchanakya.com
B. On-line Registration of Teams–8th October, 2017 to 7th November, 2017
B. 2nd- 4thWeek of November – Four On-line Zonal Preliminary Rounds.
C. 1st– 4th Week of December – Four On-Ground Zonal Semi- Finals.
D. 2nd – 3rd Week of January– National Finale.
The exact dates of the On-line and On-ground events shall be advised to the participating teams by e-mail and shall also be notified on the website.
LIST OF STATES WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE ZONES
|Zone 1 (6 states and 2 union territories) – North Zone
|Jammu & Kashmir
|Zone 2 (12 states) – East Zone
|Zone 3 (5 states and 3 union territories) – South Zone
|Andaman & Nicobar
|Zone 4 (6 states and 2 union territories) – West Zone
|Daman & Diu
||Dadra & Nagar Haveli